Career Resources: Preparing for Job Market
NIFES UNIPORT Alumni forum is announcing NIFES CAREER MENTORING COUNCIL
The goal of this unit would be to provide career advice and mentorship to NIFES students and associates who hope to build a career in designated professional fields. The council shall have a coordinator who will help recruit volunteers who can serve as consultants in various professional fields.
An associate or a student who needs career advice can contact the CMC coordinator by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or clicking this link:— bit.ly/menteereg
Please if you work in any of the fields listed below and would be willing to mentor other students and associates, please register as a mentor using this link:— bit.ly/nifescmp
CMP Coordinator — Bro Francis Labi
Tips for Job Seekers
- One or more years prior experience in the area you are applying
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills – identifies, evaluates and resolves problems in a timely manner. Skillfully gathers and analyzes information.
- Good interpersonal skills, works well in a team, must remain open to the ideas of others, is willing to try new things, and maintains confidentiality.
- Great oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates good presentation skills.Written communication skills- writes clearly and persuasively, edits work for spelling and grammar, presents technical information effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability and flexibility – adapts to changes in the work environment, prioritizes competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability and good time manager – is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Proficiency in more than one language is an preferable
- College degree in advertised field is preferred
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Firefox, Internet Explorer and windows professional. Candidate must be open to learning new system tools.
- Passion for doing the right thing.